Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Have a Lovely Day {Card Concept, Curtain Call & Viva la Verve}


Good morning stamping friends. Today there is a brand new challenge over at The Card Concept. The amazing Lee Ann Barrett is off this week and so I am subbing in for her...taking her place for this challenge. The theme for the next two weeks is "Use an Umbrella"

 

I did not use the inspiration photo as a jumping off point for my card as I was SO inspired by the challenge over at the Curtain Call...which is Confetti. I loved the feel of the polka dots in the photo...being in larger circles...so I went hunting in my paper stash and came up with this pretty designer paper which had big blooms on it...I hope you can see the connection to the dots. I also used 3 different pattern papers, and some flags to "set off" the doily and umbrella. I also kept my card base white...like in the photo...so all the colours and designs would hopefully pop. I also used the fabulous sketch over at Viva la Verve. Love the lines of it...I am such a sucker for layers and elements!!!
{Supplies Used}
Stamps: My Favorite Things
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black
Papers: SU! DSP, Teresa Collins 6x6, White, Black, Crisp Cantaloupe
Extras: Recollections doily, Rose Die (MFT), Flag Punch (SU!), Pearl

8 comments:

  1. Lesley such a pretty card, love the papers and piecing. Thank you for sharing with us a the Curtain Call and love having you play again at the Card Concept! ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to combine the challenges! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty :) love the colors you picked for the patterns. perfect layout

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the card and your umbrella! We could use that here today it snowed and now rain and snow mix.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just fabulous! Love how the black matting makes everything pop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It's the sweetest umbrella. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)