Monday, September 23, 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Club {SNOWMEN!}


Welcome to the Merry Monday Christmas Card Club!!! Thank you for playing along and for all the commenting that you did for each other!! I think it makes it so much more friendly, don't you think!! I know many of you were stumped by last weeks "brown" colour to be used {sorry}...when I am stumped like that, I try using brown for the sentiment...and then use the other colours as a main focal point.

This week's challenge will be MUCH easier and it is my absolute FAVOURITE...I hope you are as excited about this as I am...this week is all about...

SNOWMEN!!!!

We did have some questions asked last week and I posted answers to them HERE.


This week we want you USE A SNOWMAN 

ON YOUR CARD!!!

Here are the Guidelines to follow:
1. Each week there will be a brand new challenge posted on Monday at 5am (PST).
2. Each participant is encouraged to  comment on 3 cards in the INLINKZ Gallery.
3. Neutral colours and any product is welcome. (Neutral Colours are all Stampin' Up Neutrals)
4. Follow the weekly challenge closely to complete a Christmas card.
5. HAVE FUN!

For my card, I decided to use some new to me Paper Smooches stamps. I was recently in Seattle and decided to go to this cute little store in Sequim called "Doodlebugs". They have Paper Smooches!!! Woohoo! SO I picked up this cute snowman set and a Christmas sentiment set.  My sketch comes from the ladies at Retro Sketches. It was perfect for the idea I had in mind. 


I kept the background clean and simple. I used a large polka dot embossing folder, for a fun looking snowfall and I cut out each snow"person" and popped them up. The shorter snowman represents the circle of the sketch.

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Paper Smooches-Snowdudes and Joyful Greetings
Inks: Black and Copics
Papers: Island Indigo, Pool Party, White
Extras: Large Dot Embossing Folder, Big Shot

Our Guest Designer was supposed to be Kristie but she was unable to create a card for this week's challenge due to a family commitment. She won our challenge a couple of weeks ago! Would you like to be a Guest Designer? Be sure to play along, as our weekly winner is our next Guest Designer! Let's see what the team has created for the challenge! And poor Stephanie, our Featured Designer, is feeling under the weather. She is taking the week off. Feel better soon, Stephanie!


18 comments:

  1. So cute...these snowmen work perfectly with Arielle's sketch! LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there-I came here via Bonnie's lovely Blog-I have never entered your Merry Monday challenge before-as I stopped making Christmas cards a few years ago-This year I wanted to make a bundle again,so I have been using only what I have in my stash to make them-hence the funny Frugal Christmas title LOL!
    I can see some stunning cards here for inspiration-just off to see them all now ;)
    Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, I absolutely love your card. The coloring is just perfect for those snow dudes. Hoping to play along with this challenge since Snowmen are the only thing I like about winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lesley. Your card is so adorable. I love those Paper Smooches snowmen and just bought them myself as well :) Can't wait to start using them, and your card has inspired me! The bird perched on the sentiment is total cuteness! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is adorable Lesley. The snowmen are so cute.
    Love all the snowman cards by the desiners. Can't wait to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous snowmen card Lesley. They are such cute characters. Love the wee bird on the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these delightful snowmen, Lesley! And the white embossed background lets them shine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Lesley! I was so excited to finally play along and I love the added comment rule - such a great idea!!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful CAS card Lesley, I love the scene you have created and the little bird is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards from the design team. Love this challenge because snowmen always make me smile so I got to smile a lot visiting all the blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so gorgeous - especially with the big, dotty background. Love how you've used the sketch...thanks so much for playing along this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, your card is just adorable. When making a card, there is nothing I had rather use for an image than a snowman.
    Love your little snow guys and the folder reminds me of snow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first time of entering into your challenges. I have visited of the entries and left some love. Gorgeous snowmen creations and all so different.

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your snowman card and I love those sweet PS snowman. I used them once in our 12 kits cards and I keep saying I am going to buy them… You are making me want them againl

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those snowmen are just too adorable, Lesley. Love the way you've used them with all that gorgeous white space!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow.. look at all those frosty fella up there! Fabulous challenge this week Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your little snowmen are adorable Lesley fantastic card. I like the sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Loving all the Christmas challenges! "snowmen" is no exception! Wonderful inspiration from the DT!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)