Thursday, January 10, 2013

Seize the Birthday Sketch Challenge #1 {A Feminine Birthday Mouse from Mabelle}


Another year is here! I am excited to see where this next year of crafting takes me and what a great way to start the year but with a brand new challenge blog! Today marks the inaugural challenge for my brand new challenge called Seize the Birthday. The amazing design team has outdone themselves with my simple sketch! Thank you ladies! We are all excited to have created our cards this week with the cute images from Mabelle at Whimsy and Stars Studio!!! The lovely Mabelle is offering up a prize this week for our winner...please visit our Seize the Birthday blog for more information and to link up your own birthday card!!! 


Because this is the first sketch of the month, 
we are all creating FEMININE Birthday cards with the sketch!!! 


My card is fairly simple this week, I used some of the Simple Stories SNAP Pattern Paper and went from there! The image is one of Mabelle's newest images, and I couldn't resist inking her up with my Copic Markers.

{Supplies Used}
Stamps: Whimsy and Stars, Stampin' Up
Inks: Copics, Memento Black
Papers: Snap by Simple Stories, Island Indigo
Extras: Spellbinders Dies

We hope you will join us this week at Seize the Birthday

13 comments:

  1. Love your card Lesley, that image is just too cute. Can't wait to play along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card Lesley, love her big ol' cupcake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty. Love the papers and cute image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable image! Can't wait to play along with the new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very sweet!! I love the sketch and hope I get a chance to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image and sweet colouring, Lesley. Love the idea of building a stash of birthday cards, particularly masculine cards that are always a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. darling! love the colors and dp selection, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes on your new challenge blog! You launched it with a great card for starters! I love the colors and patterns of your dsp, and that image is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card Lesley, this little birthday mouse is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. goodness girl this is adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable, Lesley!!! She's a sweetie! GREAT sketch and I am looking forward to playing along with you all this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, this is so cute! Yummy looking cupcake and you just can't beat those polka dots and stripes together!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)