Sunday, April 8, 2012

Paper Players Colour Challenge, Viva la Verve and 4 Crafty Chicks


Happy Easter! It is time for another Paper Players Challenge! I am having the family over for turkey-lurkey today, so excited to have everyone over to the house. We have not all been together since my dad was in the hospital, so I am happy that we can get together and celebrate being healthy and being a family!

Supplies:
Stamps: He is Risen (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Bazzill Basics Paper (Vintage Marketplace), American Crafts (Green Grid Paper), Whisper White, Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery
Inks: Copics and Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, Not Quite Navy for the sentiment
Extras: Lace Ribbon, Oval Punches (SU!), Oval Nestabilities

This week I needed a good sketch for the stamp I had in mind.  I went looking and found this beautiful sketch over at Splitcoast Stampers. It is a Verve sketch challenge and I absolutely loved that could use lots of designer paper and layers! Yum!  I inked up a new Stampin' Up set called "He is Risen". The floral image was the main reason for the purchase but the sentiments are also lovely. The flower is inked in Memento Ink and coloured with my Copics. I also wanted to play along with the gals over at 4 Crafty Chicks, they have a theme challenge to do with Flowers. This is my first time playing with them! Hi ladies!

We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Lesley, lovely to see you playing with the 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge of flowers this week.

    Gorgeous card, love the colours.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really beautiful card. Great color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is perfect for today and for the colors! LOVE those green DPs! I will have to check out that Crafty Chicks challenge too!!! Enjoy your turkey-lurkey & thanks for bringing my challenge colors to life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Girl :)

    Your card is Beautiful!! Love the flowers and how you used the color on them. I am not sure if it's my computer but, I only see a red X for your card you might need to reload it.

    Hugs
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Lesley! I LOVE the bit of lace!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful, Lesley! Love the colors! Thanks so much for playing Viva La Verve Sketch Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Lesley! The gingham papers are perfect with that gorgeous floral image. Love the addition of the lace and the pearls! Hope you had a wonderful time with your family! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lesley!! Gorgeous card, as always girl! Hope you are doing well - thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sweet card, lovely flower image! Thanks for linking up at 4 Crafty Chicks this week!
    Hugs,
    Heather P, Guest DT
    www.heather-p.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful! Love that layout and gorgeous image!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, Lesley! I love how the green is featured on those patterned papers. So glad you had a fun Easter...even if that turkey-lurkey didn't cooperate! Lol! Big hugs, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lesley, gorgeous take on the color combo and the flowers are definitely the star of the show! The combination of the various papers is so fun and I think the pearls are the perfect final touch! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Lesley this card is gorgeous! Your colour is perfection and you definately picked a great sketch. I also love the pattern papers you used, they are spring-y and perfect for Easter.

    Hope you had a wonderful time with your family.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)