Friday, October 7, 2011

Friday Mashup #27-Double, Double, Toil and Trouble!

This week at the Friday Mashup we are going spooky!  That is right, Halloween and a terrific colour challenge!  We also have two new talented Guest Designers for October, Nina - Notes by Nina and Michele - Michele Hearts Paper.  Welcome ladies!!


So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a "Halloween themed" Project.
  2. Or Make a Project using the colors: "Black, Pumpkin Pie, Lucky Limeade & Concord Crush".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a "Halloween project using the Colors listed above".
*With all of our Challenges that have a Stampin' Up! Colour Combo, you may substitute any colours you have, with similar ones you have on hand.

I don't have very many Halloween sets so I had to improvise and pulled out an old stamp that I had before I became a Stampin' Up Demonstrator. I embossed the trees with versamark, black ink and clear embossing powder. Then I sponged Pumpkin Pie ink all over them.  I love the effect of the emboss resist.  I also embossed the sentiment from "Hand-penned Holidays".  The DSP is from the Hostess Level 1 pack from last year's catalogue, I thought the design looked "bat like" in the Concord Crush.


We hope that you will join the Friday Mashup Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!

Friday Mashup Design Team

Thanks for stopping by!!!

16 comments:

  1. Love that tree stamp and the orange sunset!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the embossing effects make areal statement here! Gorgeous and spooky at the same time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness - this is gorgeous! Love the sponging in orange too. Just a beautiful card for Halloween!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning, apparently this tree stamp set is for all seasons and looks fabulous for a spooky scene. Very nice, have a good holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley I love what you did with this card! Those trees look perfect with the orange sky and totally gives off a Halloween vibe. Plus the papers you used are just fab!

    To answer your question :)---Holly and I dont live near each other anymore but we used too...she used to live 1 street over from me. Now we share craft things by mail, such as our Cricut stuff :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lesley,

    I agree, emboss resist can give you such fabulous effects and your lovely card is no exception.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those trees ARE spooky! I love the effect of the emboss resist.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! Love the colors you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you have done to improvise on this one! You have made the colours look stunning in this, and the DSP adds a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Lesley, this is stunning! The black trees, the orange sky even the concord crush print is all fabulously elegant...with just enough spooky to make one gorgeous card. Hope you're feeling better. (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card! You're right...those concord images do look bat-like! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE this card, Lesley. It is so stunning on top of being spooky! So rich looking. Great improvisation job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love that tree! This looks so cool the way you did the sky. And the use of the colors this week is spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I agree, that dp does look a little batty! Great job making a flaming sky behind the trees. You've created a spooky card without Halloween stamps. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lesley, gorgeous card. Love those strong colors and the sponging. Just fabulous!
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)