Sunday, September 25, 2011

Paper Players Challenge #65-A Sketch from AM


This week at the Paper Players, the wonderful Anne Marie Hile has come up with a fabulous sketch for us!  I am right into my Spice Cake Designer Paper!  My Auntie Kerry, asked me to design a Sympathy card that she could use for her stash...so I made one with the "Always Thankful" Stamp set and the "Petite Pairs" stamp set.  I hope she likes the card I designed.  To help her recreate the card at home, I have added the measurements below for her...if you would like to use the measurements, please feel free too!


Measurements:
Panels-Soft Suede-4" x 1 5/8"
Spice Cake Designer Paper Panels 3 3/4" x 1 3/8"
Main Panel- 3" x 4" in Soft Suede
Vanilla Panel (where image is stamped)- 2 3/4" x 3 3/4"
Tools used: Heat Gun, Clear Embossing Powder, Oval Punch, Scallop Oval Punch
Stamps: Woodgrain Background Stamp, Petite Pairs Sentiment stamps (they fit perfectly in the ovals)
Inks: Soft Suede, Versamark (clear craft ink)


We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!


Thanks for stopping by!!!

14 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous image...love the fall monochromatic colors, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful, Lesley! I always love Monochromatic and this paper is just so fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lesley, what a gorgeous sympathy card. It has such a serene feeling. I love your use of the DSP - you really did match the patterns beautifully. Amazing card...
    hugs
    jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to marry this paper. Or eat it. :) It is so awesome! I love how you used it on your card; it is perfect for that beautifully embossed image! No need to color when you can make it look that good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lesley, love the colors you used on this card! There is something so calming about this focal image. It's the perfect sympathy card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is classy - and so elegant! beautifully done with warm colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lesley - this is a beautiful card and could be used for any occasion. I love the monochromatic look and the fact that it uses Spice Cake surely doesn't hurt either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty card Lesley! I could see this card with any sentiment on it, it fits all purposes! Love that Spice Cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think there will be a mad rush to stock up on Spice Cake DSP before the Hiliday Mini retires! That paper is fabulous! I love how you used the mix of patterns on this one. The monochromatic colors are so pretty. Big hugs to you, my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, Such a beautiful soothing card for the occasion. I love your choice of stamped image with the Spice Cake DSP and punched sentiment- You know how I feel about Spice Cake:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A perfect sympathy card, Lesley! I love this DSP, and the image is gorgeous embossed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful mix of Spice Cake patterns, Lesley! What perfect colors and mood for a sympathy card. Lovely use of the harvest image. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful! Your image and the DSP are perfectly paired too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)