Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Paper Players #54-Christmas in July


This week at the Paper Players, Jaydee is challenging us to go "Christmas"!  So I was looking through my stash of Christmas stamps, trying to decide what to use when I came across this "Best Dad Ever" set.  Then I thought of all the tacky ties that show up at Christmas time and I went to work! 

I inked up the tie stamp with my Cherry Cobbler and Old Olive markers.  I should have used Poppy Parade to make the ties really gaudy!  And some glitter on the ties would have been fun! LOL!  This could be used as a card for a man at Christmas...might be kinda cute!


We hope that you will join the Paper Players Challenge this week!  Please be sure to visit the other DT Members to see their wonderful creations!

The Paper Players Design Team

Thanks for stopping by!!!

Smiles,
Lesley

13 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Lesley, what a great idea with the ties!! I have to admit, I love the gaudy ties you can find at Christmas :) When my dad passed last yr I was going through his things and found some Christmas ties...one of them has Snoopy and Charlie Brown on it and they are in front of a Christmas tree. The lights on the tree flash and the tie also plays music. My stepmom told me my dad got a lot of smiles when wearing that tie :)

    I wasnt sure about this set, but seeing this card I think I'll have to get it and borrow this idea at Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a hoot!!! What a great idea! many of us will be casing this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea, Leslie. Love your colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea to use the ties as the image for a Christmas card! So cute and clever.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh! How cute and creative is this! It has just made this set even more versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so cute, Lesley! I love seeing ideas to use non Christmas sets at Christmas time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG ... this is great!!! I love the tie connection, oh so relative to Christmas ... and the clean lines and simple design just "ties" it all together... hahaha ...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE how you used this set for a masculine holiday card! Genius! I will be definately CASE-ing this fabulous idea, for sure. Very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Although the men in my family would shoot me if I gave them ties for Christmas! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lesley, your card made me scream with laughter. I remember my brother's MIL always used to give him tacky presents for Christmas (she didn't approve of him!!!) - he would have found this card very funny! Mind you, your ties don't look tacky - they look great :-)
    Hugs
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  11. freakin' clever way to use that stamp!! perfect masculine Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, aren't you clever Lesley!! I love it when we can use stamp sets in a unintended way and this is FABulous! Great layout too. Genius idea!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)