Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Stamping 411 Sketch Challenge

Wow!  December 27th already!  It has been at least three weeks since I last made a card!  I wasn't in the mood to create but after a refreshing week off and some time with my family, I felt re-inspired once again!  I got out some new goodies and decided to make a special birthday card for my mommy.  She is turning 60 on February 1st but I wanted to get a head start on her card as she is heading on a trip with my dad for her 60th!!


The sketch from Stamping 411 this week was clean and simple...I love to make square cards and this one measures 5"x5".  Below is the card I created from the sketch using some of the sweet valentine paper that is in the Valentine Bundle available right now.  I love it!!  I also used a new flower die that is coming out in the new Mini Occasions Catalogue and one of the big buttons with some linen thread!!!


I thought I would add a photo of Rolley too!  He came with us on the drive to my parent's home for Christmas.  We put his bed in the back of the 4runner and he LOVES it!!  He is all excited to go and then as soon as the car ride starts, he lays down and goes to sleep.  It is like taking a baby for a ride in the car to calm the baby down.  Does the same for Rolley.  LOL!


Look at that cute face!!  We think he has a bit of Border Collie in him because of his nose.  See those freckles?  He is so sweet and gives lots of kisses and cuddles.  He is really puppy like and does silly things like let out a little bark and run around the room like a nut!  Hahahaha!  He is a doll.  I'll say in a loud voice, "Well I am off to bed now" and he races down to our bedroom ahead of me and is laying beside the bed, ready to sleep.  It is SO cute!!!  He takes turns throughout the night sleeping on the floor beside Corey's side of the bed and then beside my side of the bed.  When he sleeps, he will once in a while murmur or make a little noise and it sounds like a motor revving up or a card speeding by!  What a dog!

Well that is it for me tonight.  I hope to play along again tomorrow with some of my other favourite challenges!!  Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!! We sure did!

Smiles,
Lesley

9 comments:

  1. Cute card and cute puppy!! So happy to hear you happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is just beautiful! Your Mom will love it, I'm sure!
    Wish our pups would sleep in the car, they love to go for a 'car ride', but run around with their noses pressed to the window the whole time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!!! Love that paper too. I'm going to have to break open my pack soon! I know your mom is going to really like this card. So pretty.
    Looks like Rolley is fitting in just fine!
    He's a cutie.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card, cute dog! SO happy you are all adjusting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!!! Great combo of DSP...I will be casing this for sure. Thanks for playing along. Cute little puppy too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was thinking about you lots Lesley and am happy to see a new addition to you family... He has a beautiful soft face! And I think Cyrus would have loved him...

    Cheers sweetie
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card!! How did I overlook that new flower die?? Now it's a must-have! I loved reading about your dog too, what a cutie!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card....pink and red!...my favorite color combo! I now need to order that flower die.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh he is really cute! Thanks for sharing the picture! I also really like the clean and beautiful card you created!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)