Sunday, September 26, 2010

Paper Players Challenge #17-An Inspiration from LeAnne

Paper Player Design Team member, LeAnne, has just welcomed her first granddaughter to the world!  Her name is Cassidy and she is absolutely adorable.  I wasn't surprised when LeAnne chose an adorable baby image as her inspiration photo for this week's challenge!! 


I have realized that I need more baby type stamps. So instead of going ga-ga for baby images, I decided to make a "Congratulations" card for a proud grandma or mama....using the pretty colour combo of Pretty in Pink, Basic Black and Crumb Cake. 


I love the Vintage Vogue set and paired it up with some retired Bella Bleu DSP, using a couple of crumb cake DSP pieces as my two main panels of the card.  The sketch is from Splitcoast Stampers and is Sketch Challenge #259.  I liked the layout and thought it showed off the colours nicely.  I used my crimper to crimp the main strip of paper that fits across the card.  I also used my En Francais background stamp to create the main pink background panel of the card.  The edges are all sponged.


I hope you get the chance to play with us this week!!  To see the designs of the other team members and to play along, please click HERE.

Thanks for stopping by!
Smiles,
Lesley

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card, Lesley! I adore this color combination and love that you used Crumb Cake too! Your ribbon is gorgeous and I love the strip of black stamping at the bottom--perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! "Congratulations" on such a fabulous card! I love the layout! Beautiful job, Lesley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very striking! The colors work great together and the layout is very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card!!! It definitely pops. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is super cute. I love the layout you picked!

    L

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)