Sunday, August 8, 2010

Paper Players Challenge #10-A Colour Challenge

Today at the brand new Paper Players Challenge Blog, LeAnne has challenged us to use an awesome colour combo of Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake and Very Vanilla.  As soon as I heard those colours together I immediately thought..."dessert"...hence the inspiration photo below. 


I know that Christmas is a long way off dessert but I wanted to get cracking on some Clean and Simple cards for my stash and upcoming Christmas Classes.  This card uses the set "Delightful Decorations" (116517) and the matching "Ornament Punch" (119847).  I also used the new "Vintage Wallpaper Embossing Folder" (120175). 


How to make this card:
1.  To cut your card base to measure 4.25"x 5.5", you will want to cut your 8.5" x 11" piece of Early Espresso Cardstock on the 11" side at 5.5".  Put the piece of 5.5"x 8.5"cut cardstock into the cutter and using your scoring blade, score the 8.5" side of the paper at 4.25" then fold and press down on the fold with your Bone Folder.
2.  Cut the Very Vanilla piece to measure 4"x 5.25".
3.  Cut the Crumb Cake piece to measure 2" x 5.25".  Emboss this piece using the Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder and the Big Shot.
4.  Cut the Cherry Cobbler strip to measure 1.5"x 5.25", using the Scallop Border Punch, create a scallop going across the 5.25" strip.
5.  Stamp the ornaments in Cherry Cobbler Ink onto Very Vanilla Paper.  Use some 1/8" Early Espresso Taffeta ribbon for the ornament strings...I love this ribbon!  Punch out your stamped ornament images with the Ornament Punch, put dimensionals on the back of the ornaments to pop them up. 
**Tip**-Tape down the ribbon at the front with a small piece of clear tape, then hide that tape with the punched out ornament.
6.  Ink up the Peace, Love and Joy sentiment with your Espresso Ink, add to the top right hand side of the card.
7.  Using Snail Adhesive, put your card together.  Assemble the face of the card first before adhering it to the base of your card.

Please visit the blogs of my fellow Paper Players to check out their "Yummy" creations!

Ann of the Stamping Schach




LeAnne of Wee Inklings




Marlene of Hands On

Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to visit the new and improved Paper Players Blog to add your creation using these yummy colours!  You can link up your challenge creation until Saturday, August 14th at 6pm (PST). 

Smiles,
Lesley :)

3 comments:

  1. I haven't broken down and done a Christmas card yet. I try not to do it too soon. It seems to make it come up quicker. However I will have to break down this week. lol. Lovely card! That is one of my favourite sets. I could not get enough of it last year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous card Lesley. It's clean-and-simple but oh SO elegant as well...perfect for the holidays. This week's colors remind me of Christmas too--they're gorgeous! BIG thanks for the top 3 pick this week, I am thrilled! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, Lesley! I love the embossing! You have inspired me to get an early start on my Christmas cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)