Wednesday, April 29, 2009

SASPT1-Stamps and Smiles Project One (The Best is Yet to Be)

I made this cute purse for the Stamps and Smiles Project Challenge! The funny thing is, I had wanted to try to make one of these bags for a while!! This challenge gave me a little push to do so! The DSP is Little Yellow Bicycle and the stamped image is Penny Black. Friends of ours are getting married in a couple of weeks and so I made this for the Bride to Be. I am going to put a Gift Card and a matching greeting card inside. When I saw these little mice, I knew I had to use it for this project!
The image is coloured with my SU! Markers...Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, Caramel, Mellow Moss and Real Red. It is hard to tell in the photo but I cut out the rose and popped it up on a dimensional.
I wanted to try a different ribbon treatment, so I gathered the ribbon how I wanted it to go and punched a hole through the centre of it with my cropidile. Then I fed the pink heart brad through it. I added the little pink rhinestones as an after thought.
The "Best IS Yet to Be" for our friends. I sure hope she enjoys this little gift!
Thanks for stopping by!!
Lesley :)

1 comment:

  1. Darling bag Lesley, LOVE the sweet design and fun ribbon treatment!

    Thanks for playing along with Project Tuesday, we hope you will join us next week!

    Hugs & Smiles,
    Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I appreciate the time you took to leave me a little stamping love!!
Lesley :)